The last time I experienced jet lag this intense was in 2006 when I studied in Hong Kong and China. Phew! After a couple days of travel, I am here in Lagos, Africa with my God family! A big thank you to my God family!
I finally went to bed at 3am and woke up at 4pm. I guess I was exhausted from all the off and on naps on the plane. Not to mention exhausted from a busy 2012.
Comment below and tell me what’s on your bucket list? Have you always wanted to go to London? Paris? South Africa? Have you had your eye on a career change? On a special someone?
Getting more of what you want this year is within your reach. It’s closer than you think even. What is something small, one step that you can take today…one decision you could make today…that could change your life for the better? Let me know in the comments below. Plus if you take action, share that too! It could be as simple as buying a sewing machine or a yoga class, or scheduling a vacation.
Mine was the switch into my dream career. It took me two years to discover, plan and take action. Put it out there and everyday will stem from your personal vision.
Since June 2012, with your support I’ve:
– Written over 80 new songs
– Written and recorded my first solo project produced by Abstrakt Soundz (recommended if you like Sade, Imogen Heap, Bjork and Sia)
– Sang with the amazing Wayne Brady and Judith Hill for the Crystal Starr’s foster kids benefit
– Released original music videos with the talented independent artists Tiffany Parker and Shan Carballo
– Performed at popular LA venues with talented bands like Roxie & the Ki , Illegal Download Collection, Nina Storey
– Stayed up on music business and craft by attending conferences, Billboard TV Film and Music , Taxi Road Rally , ASAP I create music expo
– Attended classes at The Songwriting School of LA and attended over 15 private songwriting workshops with great teachers like Pat Pattison and Jason Blume .
Last year, I decided to add a time frame to my dreams and put myself in places where I thought the dream might be. Most of all, I told myself my life is going to be fun and fruitful with amazing people! Then one opportunity led to the next. What will Africa have in store now? What will this year have in store for you?
Steven Memel shared a powerful piece of wisdom. I will do my best to do it justice. Vision is not determined by circumstance or fair weather conditions. Stay the course and you will reach what you envision for your life.
To view my “Day in the life” video blog series, click here!. Underneath the youtube video, hit “Subscribe.”
Look forward to hearing what’s on your bucket list, comments and song requests! We share this journey together.